Monday 30 May 2011

Blood, Sweat and Beers

What is it about a sunny afternoon and a cold beer that puts a smile on every man's face? Kicked back under the hot sun is my favorite place to take stock of myself, and realize what doors are open for the entering, and to find ways to jam my size 12 deck shoes into the closing ones. 

I've always wanted to write, but the whirlwind of life grabbed my hand and left me spinning around in this fast-paced world of work, women and weariness. It wasn't till today that it occurred to me that there is a world of men just like me, caught up in the grind.

This isn't an artsy blog about the latest pitchfork.com indie hit or the newest internet craze. This is about the stuff that I like, and the things that are relevant to the young, modern man.

As I sit here and sort through the tons of ideas I have spinning around in my head, I'll leave you with a tune from a favorite artist of mine. The music is bare-bones and somber, with the acoustic guitar in its rawest form.

Just the way I like it. 

Cheers to all of you, I may have a beer or 10 in celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment