Saturday 4 June 2011

Check out this Workout

Today is a day for the ages. I've set some fitness goals for the summer and I mean to tear into them like a big juicy steak.
.
Aww yeah.. like any good fitness goal I've decided I'd eat better as well. I'd like to pack a few pounds of muscle onto my frame, so it's gonna be a high calorie, high protein, and low fat few months. Started by cutting out the chips and pop, and easing off from being the snack-vacuum that I am.

Essentially, the basic idea I have on paper for the workouts are short, high intensity blasts with a lot of muscle targeting. I'd like to be able to run hard for 30 minutes at the end of the summer, so I'll focus on keeping my heart-rate up and keep cardio in mind.

Today,  my workout looked like this, and I'd suggest something similar to anyone who considers themselves in fairly good shape but wants to push themselves. Another plus is that you only need one ~45 pound plate and a Stability ball:

Warm up: 10 min run/jog
Light stretch

First Circuit 3x
-Single Leg Squat with Plate extended to the front / 10 per leg
-Jump Squats
-Hamstring Roll on Stability Ball 

Once finished first circuit, immediately hop on treadmill/ running track and push yourself for 5 minutes. I'd suggest 75% of max speed, and a slight incline if possible. 

3 min rest

Second circuit 3x
-Box Jumps on a high box/bench
-Calf Raises
-Lower Abdominal exercise (e.g Leg lifts or V-situps)

Hop on the track/treadmill again, pushing the pace

Final Circuit 3x
-Romanian deal lifts
-Quadriceps Extension

Once finished, go for a cool-down jog and make sure to stretch thoroughly.

Soon enough, you'll look like this guy
Well, maybe not, but I was very exhausted after this workout, and I will probably do something this intense no  more than twice a week.

Hope you liked it! Any questions feel free to comment

No comments:

Post a Comment